Introducing the new integrated Gmail
No more switching between applications, windows, or tabs. The new Gmail layout will help you stay on top of what’s important and get work done faster, all in one place!
Beginning February 11, 2022 users can opt-in to test the new Gmail experience.
When enabled, the new navigation menu allows you to easily switch between your inbox, important conversations, and join meetings without having to switch between tabs or open a new window.
Notification bubbles make it easy to stay on top of what needs your attention. When working in Chat and Spaces, the new interface will allow you to view a full list of conversations and Spaces in a single screen, making it easier to navigate to and engage.
In the coming months, email and chat results will also be available through the search bar, making it easier to find what you need without having to switch contexts.
By the end of Q2 2022, this will become the standard experience for Gmail.
How to opt into the new view
Important: To use the new view, you must turn on Chat in Gmail and set Chat to the left-hand panel.
- At the top right, click Settings.
- Under “Quick settings,” click Try out the new Gmail view.
- In the new window, click Reload.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days) starting on February 11, 2022.
- Scheduled Release domains (default setting): Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days) for feature visibility starting on February 28, 2022.
Not sure what release track your domain is on? If your Workspace deployment is managed by Cozan Consulting, contact our helpdesk for assistance. If your Workspace deployment is not managed by our team, Google Workspace services and billing can be transferred into our care by providing your unique Transfer Token. Ask your domain administrator to generate a token in the Admin Console using our Public Identifier: C03perv36 and forward the code to email@example.com.
- Learn about the new integrated Gmail layout
- Choose when users get new features
- Get Google Workspace for Business