With the correct permission settings, team members can:
- See and respond to messages sent to the group address.
- Assign responsibility for conversations to team members.
- Set a resolved status for conversations: complete, duplicate, or no action needed.
- Search for conversations according to resolution status, label, or assignee.
Everyday use for Collaborative Inboxes
- Customer service desk: Team members can assign messages to each other and track the status of a query (complete/duplicate/no action needed).
- Sales desk: When more than one person is responsible for answering and following up new sales enquiries (like leads generated from your website), collaborative inboxes provide a simple interface to track, assign and search for messages.
- Ad hoc projects: Create a group address to centralize communication for your project and team.
All Google Workspace subscribers will have access to the new Collaborative Inbox. New features include:
- Advanced search, including conversation status.
- Filtering, including quick filters for conversation status or to help users find conversations assigned to themselves, others, or that are unassigned.